top of page
The Infant Jesus sisters arrived in Italy from France in 1906, establishing the first community in Cenate, near Bergamo in the northern part of the country. There they opened their first nursery school.
Later on they formed other communities in the province of Bergamo, and afterwards they expanded their Italian presence in the south of the country.
Today the IJ communities in Bergamo and surroundings are: Cenate, Pedrengo, Locate, Rovetta; in the South, Pozzuoli (Naples); and in Calabria, Scarcelli and Sambiase.
The sisters carry out their missionary activity in schools, in parishes, with immigrants, and in areas of great need, paying particular attention to young people and to those who are experiencing difficulty of any kind.
bottom of page