When we welcomed 2020 we could never have imagined what lay ahead. As we adapted to not being able to do our normal things we reached for something new.
Take a moment to reflect on those things that we previously took for granted.
They may include:
· Freedom to visit family, visit nursing homes and hospitals
· Going out to Mass, going to funerals, going to sport events
· Going for a cup of coffee
· Shaking hands, getting/giving a hug
Now take another moment to think of the new gifts in your life:
· Walking – hearing the birds more clearly, seeing more butterflies
· Seeing more unusual plants that got a chance to grow
· Writing and receiving letters
· Learning new skills – new recipes, WhatsApp, zoom, webinars
· Reading more books, listening to music, to the radio/tv or not,
Let us give thanks: Holy Spirit, help me to focus on the ‘deeper things’ in life and allow time for others.
Fill me with trust in your loving presence. Calm me when I am anxious and troubled about many things.
‘Whatever happens, be always at peace ’ N.Barré